Nitrate??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wabassoweird

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a new tank and i cured my live rock in the tank. The Ammonia and Nitrite levels have become undectetable. Ive done about a 3/4 water change and my nitrate level still reads 30ppm. Any idea on how i can lower the nitrate level?
To mix the saltwater i use tap water run through a pur water filter do think thats where the nitrate is coming from?

Attachments

• dsc00026_154.jpg
    dsc00026_154.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 32
if it is the tap water where the nitrate is coming from is there a way to treat my tank to lower the nitrate levels?

I believe the nitrates spike near the end of the cycle and should settle down to 0. How long have you been on your cycle? I wouldn't worry about a PWC right now, just let nature take her course.

I believe the nitrates spike near the end of the cycle and should settle down to 0. How long have you been on your cycle? I wouldn't worry about a PWC right now, just let nature take her course.

nice tank BTW.

WELCOME TO AA!!!

I believe the nitrates spike near the end of the cycle and should settle down to 0.

Uh... actually, nitrate won't just settle down to 0 at the end of the cycle. That's why at the end of the cycling process, it is recommended to perfrom a big WC.

not rilly any way around it you should pick up a ro filter ther prity cheep $100 for a nice 6 stage ro di on ebay the only way to reduce nitrates is to do water changes so if you got nitrates in the tap water not to mention all the other stuff your guna have problems keeping them in check

its only been about two weeks. but i already did 75% water change and the nitrates are still high. if the nitrates stay high is there any way to treat the water thats already in the tank to lower the nitrates

Have you tested your water, from the tap? Also, what kind of filter are you using and what is in it?

Back
Top Bottom