Nitrate/ Live Rock troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stratmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
Still having trouble with Nitrate problems from the live rock I added a couple weeks ago. I've continued to do water changes and even added this stuff called Pura NitrateLock and it just seems like my Nitrates won't come down. Is it just going take a while due to the live rock? I think it was my fault. I didn't give it a real good scrub in saltwater before I put the rock in the tank. I just sort of dipped it in and pulled it back out. It may not have been fully cured either.

Thanks,

Steve

Have you checked your source water for nitrAtes?
What are your readings?
How often/muc PWCs are you doing?

I have not tested my source water. I only recently purchased an RO-DI unit which I'm waiting to receive. So I have been temporarily using premixed RO water from my LFS. When the RO-DI unit arrives I will then continue to make my own water. They guarentee there water is good though they sell me. It's got to be the live rock though right?

Steve

Get a batch of SW made up from the LFS and test it before you do a PWC. I would make sure for myself.

My RO unit will be here Monday anyway so I won't need to get water anymore from them, I feel better making it myself. As far as PWC I do typically 10 gallons a week, is that enough?

Back
Top Bottom