nitrates!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brent you sound like my kinda guy! I game quite a bit too lol. Yeah I need to just sit down and add everything up see where it measures out. My lights are what kicks my ***. I have 2 30" coralife quad HO T5's each fixture has 3 plugs! If it wasn't for that I would be doing fine I think. What's your gamer tag?

yeah lights tend to be the biggest draw of power. i dont know how anyone can run multiple 250w-400w halides over their tanks...id have a heart attack after the electric bill came. ill pm you

OK sounds good which brings me to my next dilemma which may need its own thread. How do you veteran reefers handle your electrical? I have only one outlet in the vicinity of my tank and have filled 2 surge bars with everything I already have running in the tank. I mean I'm a little nervous just having all that running. There really is no way of running any more wiring short of ripping my walls down. Ideas?

I've been watching a friend's 55g cichlid tank for about 5 months now.. (Yeah a bit much eh?) For shiggles I punched in all the numbers for the electrical cost of the equipment and was surprised at just how small of an amount of electricity most aquarium equipment draws. It's really not very much.

So are power strips the norm? Is that what most people use with no issues? I haven't popped a breaker yet but I think with running 2 more power heads that's gonna be alot for outlet to handle

its the amperage thats the most important. unless you are running high-flow powerheads, id doubt that 2 more powerheads on a power strip will do any harm. and yes, do yourself a favor and invest in quality power strips

Back
Top Bottom