Nitrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ethan7474

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is There anything I can buy that I can hang on the back of my 30 gal tank to help reduce nitrates???

umm could be too many fish for the filter to handle. whats in the tank at the moment?

plus, have you looked into reactors? ive got a biopellet reactor that its main purpose is to remove and reduce nitrates/phosphates. and it does it in a more biological way..... if you can find a place to put it.

also how bad of nitrate are we talking about?

Yep, what size tank and what is your stocking? How often do you feed and do you use ro/di water or tap? Also what is your filtration like?

Ever heard of Aquaripure? Apparently they work. It's a little canister filter that removes nitrate via anaerobic bacterial action. You feed it a tiny bit of vodka once in a while to keep it going.

Aquaripure

Edit: Oops just realized I'm in the SW section. Sorry. Please disregard. I don't know how to delete a comment just edit. :hide::angel::confused:

vodka dosing.... works really well.

but you really need to find the source of the problem, not to try and hide it lol

I have a clown fish, two demsels, a firefish and a fire shrimp.. With 30 lbs of live rock and live sand.. The tank has been set up for about a month and 1 week.. I feed them every other day.. I have a aquaclear 70 power filter a cpr protein skimmer..

Have you thought about making a sump? Adds more water to your system and decreases nitrates. Plus gives you a chance to put more filtration and a bonus refugium. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387290540.003223.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387290578.785263.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387290627.867343.jpg Hope this gives you an idea or two. My bio load is huge but I maintain my nitrates at 5 with my sump.

Does it have directions?? Or somewhere I can get them on how to build it?

It's basically like a secondary's flow tank. Just look up 10g sump builds and it'll show you a whole bunch of different ones. It's really depending on your preference as you could tell from my earlier post my sump has 3 chamber but if I wanted I could have put more.

Back
Top Bottom