now i see how mean damsels are

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pcdebb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so tonite I decided to add a couple more fish to my 44 gallon, a couple of 2-stripes. I already had a domino, a 3-stripe, two yellow tails and a green chromis in there. well, the 3-stripe and the domino are not giving them a warm welcome right now

this might be a long night :(

I had to take out almost all of my live rock to get out my two yellow tails before they killed the rest of my fish. They had already killed one of their own.

I had 2 also. I got lucky and I don't even know how tho! It really happened and it is 100% the truth believe or not. I caught both same night within 5 minutes, I waited to feed the fish and one actually went right into the brine net! I couldn't believe my eyes!!

I put it in a bucket and then put the net back in and BAM!! Got the other one! All with just the front lid open. It was crazy!!

Just wanted to share. They may be aggressive lol but mine weren't too bright.

well the 2-stripes seem to be holding their own. one seems to have evicted the 3-stripe out of his spot, so now he's fighting with domino and his spot. green chromis is in his corner like i dont have nothing to do with this lol

Damsels can be pretty however over the years I've come to realize WHY they are so cheap! They are wicked little demon fish! (my opinion of course). Keep an eye on them because they will gang up on other fish, even bigger ones and pick on them. They are very aggressive. Pretty...but do not tolerate other fish that swim in their territory. Hopefully you will have good luck with yours!

Well that's why this tank is the damsel tank lol. I know that I can't catch them so only damsels in this one.

Hehe! That's SMART! By the way, Petco has their dollar per gallon sale this week if you need anything up to 55 gallons!

nikki_kaiser said:
Hehe! That's SMART! By the way, Petco has their dollar per gallon sale this week if you need anything up to 55 gallons!

You are all about this sale arent you?? Lol. To the OP, i feel bad for the chromis.. Poor fish has no clue what to do

LOL! I am because I hate paying full price for stuff like a sump that no one will see! Plus they are new so I know that no one has put meds in it etc! :)

the trick with damsels is very easy add them last as they are territorial
I have 6 1 blue,1yellow,1 striped,1blue yellow belly,1domino,1velvet not 1 issue they all have there own hole and get along great
2 bangii cardinals,1dart fish,2 mandarin,1 lawn mower blenny,1 pj cardinal,1 green chromis and my clarkie clown he's the boss and keeps everyone in line it's kind of funny

time to get my 100 gal set up now this will be tank # 5
don't mention $1 a gal my wife said thats a dirty word around me!!! :D

Would damsels do well in a large aquarium with many hiding areas? I ask because I've seen domino damsels in the wild so I'm thinking if they have enough space to get away from each other or hide, they won't fight.

Back
Top Bottom