Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If it took three years for yours to get big surely he has plenty of time to upgrade doesn't he.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

So where is everyone else to defend a koran angel and a butterfly in a 70 gal....and say to add more fish

I'm done ..good luck

FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Where's everyone backing you up?
Old 09-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadu571 View Post
Where's everyone backing you up?
you don't even own SW fish..your opinion
FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

At least I'm not here just to inflict my hugely inflated ego trip on everyone.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

It matters not that he doesn't own a SW his views have been totally valid but you have taken no one elses opinion into account, it seems it's your way or the highway and that is not the point of this forum.

I listened to people and returned the regal.

I guarantee the size of your Koran divided by your tank size, is more then the size of my Koran to my tank, it is all relative.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

I respect your decision to return the regal, the right thing to do. The Koran is going to need more room in time however you are aware of this and he is just a baby at the moment, you should expect that you may have to rehouse him in around a year or so. I also think you may be fine with the butterfly but should keep an open mind. I sometimes think the guys from the uk get a slightly rough time on this forum over SW, tank sizes, ideas on equipment etc. What people forget is that the UK imperial gallons are around 20% bigger than US gallons, not that this is necessarily the issue in this case. I actually don't think anyone was trying to be funny here though, just imparting knowledge he felt would be helpful.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulace2372
I respect your decision to return the regal, the right thing to do. The Koran is going to need more room in time however you are aware of this and he is just a baby at the moment, you should expect that you may have to rehouse him in around a year or so. I also think you may be fine with the butterfly but should keep an open mind. I sometimes think the guys from the uk get a slightly rough time on this forum over SW, tank sizes, ideas on equipment etc. What people forget is that the UK imperial gallons are around 20% bigger than US gallons, not that this is necessarily the issue in this case. I actually don't think anyone was trying to be funny here though, just imparting knowledge he felt would be helpful.
It was the way in which it was written. Why is there a need to be condescending? Your reply was nice and still gave the same information, but the difference is clear to see. I think it can be a little intimidating asking for help and being ripped apart for one thing which you cant change instantly. It's not nice for the newer members and puts alot of us off posting for help knowing what kind of replies were going to get, and end up with no help for the problem or advice. The previous poster had a koran angel and could have just as easily told him what fish he kept with it rather than go down the route he went. That's all he was asking for.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

I agree, I do think the reply to you was rude and unnecessary. There is no need to be condescending. I also think that it's a shame some people just can't be helpful without the sarcasm.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well that's all the other guy isn't it. Maybe now someone might suggest some fish for this guy. Sorry Brighty I diddnt mean to jump on your defence but I had to chip in.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com