Now the regals gone...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Paul for your very constructive comment, having the Koran for a year suits me fine.

And Mr Nomad is speaking for a lot of us on here. Let's all breathe in.....and out!!! Haha

Mr nomad, lol I shud have chose a different name to my email! :facepalm:

Lol maybe u shud upgrade because of the shrimp! He's so tiny, adorable.

A dwarf angel is a good idea actually, I know it was mentioned previously. Also I am very fond of emperor / bangai cardinals, I think they are a really beautiful fish. Either a royal or false gramma maybe? Some people say false are a bit aggro but I have no problems with mine at all! Like the idea of a blood shrimp? A small group of blue green chromis are a nice and simple addition, as are black line chromis. There is a few suggestions but that's all they are mate. Do you want something to contrast colour?

The cardinals are very eye catching I must admit it was one of the first fish we looked at. And yea the dwarf is definitely a good idea it's just soo much choice!

Hawaiian cleaner wrasses tend to die in captivity as they are obligate parasite eaters. Chances are yours will not eat prepared food, though that's not to say it won't happen. Most people who have ones live long lives have several 100 gallon super stocked tanks with plenty of parasites to pick at. Just pointing out facts...

Also, so long as you have a plan to upgrade over the next few years a koran is fine. Just make sure you have somewhere to put it once it gets 6, 7 inches long.

Yeah they are a lovely eye catching fish. Strangely enough so are the black line chromis, they look lovely swimming around even if they so seem a little plain at first. Also, some damsels are lovely just rather territorial.

I did hear the Hawaiian cleaner wrasse could be hard to get to feed so I'm getting a little apprehensive and may cancel the order. Thanks for the heads up on that one.

In regards to the Koran, in a couple of years (even in a year) we plan to move property and have somewhere where we can get a bigger tank. But if it comes to it I have a couple of lfs that would gladly buy it back off me so either way the fish will be in good care.

Why not one of the flasher wrasse family. Or even a solon fairy wrasse.

Dwarf angels are hit or miss, the flame I had was a miss. He nipped my firefish and my powder brown tang smashed the flame into the tank glass. The flame was back at the store the next day. Other folks have had great luck with them, me not so much.

Depending on how large you go with tank size(a 6 footer at least cough cough) a couple more fish temporarally would be fine. If you were going to upgrade soon(a year or so) why not keep the tang? If no plans to get bigger then I do applaud you.

Now on to the tank size tif. FTMMWS was right about that. He may hang around like he's medically mellowed but there are also internal stresses(organs outgrowing the body) from not much roaming room(that's what I have heard anyway.) Now the argument didn't need to happen but nontheless, he made his point and I do agree with him, but since you are going to sell the angel, no biggie in my opinion. However, the longer tank will allow the koran to develop adult colors and fetch a larger chunk of money.

Back
Top Bottom