nudibranch/triggerfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can I keep a Nudibranch with my picaso triggerfish. Also any suggestions for inverts I could keep with him. he is about 2 inches now, I know he will get much bigger though.

Most nudi's have specific diets and unless you are planning to use one for aiptasia or hair algae, I would not bother. For the most part, they are not worth the expense and easily damaged.You'll have to play with clean-up-crews to see what your trigger will and will not go for. Start off with Astrea snails as testers since they are usually cheaper than Trochus along with Nassarius snails. I will assume that any hermit crab will be a "yumyum" along with any shrimp variety.

He hasnt messed with any of my bluelegs as far as i can tell they are hard to count.

That is good to know, but those bluelegs will pick at snails to death. Hope you don't have too many if you choose the snail route. You can also try serpent stars, but there legs may be bitten off....trigs are so testy XD

Back
Top Bottom