Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-13-2006, 07:13 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
I would say that lighitng will wack you upwards of 500 dollars you could keep alot of stuff with PC lighting , with the exception of SPS ,and anenomes . Yes there are folks that keep SPS with PC lighting but it is a gamble ..Coraline grows in the darker lighting areas of the tank...If you are ok with DIY you may be able to make your own light

pc light
we use the smaller one
As for the anenome attacking it tank mates usually only coral , I have not read of them eating fish. However it could sting a fish , but will not go out of is way to do so if that is what you are asking ..... Some folks can't feel the sting of an anenome or are not sensitive to them , while others will require an emergency room visit.

Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How could i make a metal halide setup myself. please forgive my ignorance, but i have no idea what i would need other than bulbs and something to put them in. Also when i bought this anemone i noticed that the aquarium center was keeping these under what seemed to be florescent bulbs, they were NOT metal halide

Soldier0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:22 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
you would need a retro kit from some where like hello lights , they may have been running VHO but again not an optimal condition for the anenome ...The may have been NO lights because they bank on selling them shortly after arival ....
I am not a real big DIYer but there are others that I am sure can help you on that ...
here is a link to the MH DIY kits

Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote

anemone, clown, ocellaris

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com