ocellaris clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishys

Aquarium Advice Activist
We recently purchased 3 ocellaris clownfish. We noticed some marks on them but brought them home. At closer look they seen to be open wounds. There are small circular punctures on each side of there head close to the eyes. Around that there are some scratches. At least that's what it looks like. Will they heal on their own or do we need to something more? Do I hold them in the quarantine tank until they are healed or just after they have been in there a month?

Attachments

• image-3757789759.jpg
    image-3757789759.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 114
You should not have 3. Thats bad because 2 of them will pair up and beat the heck out of the third and kill him. Return one unless they are going in sperate tanks!

Yes we have multiple saltwater tanks. 2 are going in our 90 gallon and 1 is going in our 75 gallon. We had ordered two from live aquaria but one was dead when it arrived. Forgot to mention that :)

They should heal up overtime given good water parameters. They shouldn't brutally fight as much now that they're separated.

Thank you! Also we are looking to purchase a new in sump skimmer since we are unhappy with the one we have. Which one would you recommend?

We are looking to replace the 75 gallon one (2 months old) I believe it is a 15-20 gallon sump.

Something like this may work:
Reef Octopus 6

If anything, I'd get an over-rated skimmer for your system. With a smaller sump, make sure to check the footprint will fit in your sump.

Ok thank you! What size sumo would you recommend? We know it's to small (purchased set up off Craigslist) we just haven't purchased a new one yet.

I'm a fan of the 40Breeder for a sump. It's got a great footprint, and best of all no crossbar to get in the way of things. I was originally going for a 55g, but I didn't like how high and narrow it was. I wanted a larger footprint more than water volume. If it's too big, a 29g may work for you. Really just the biggest you can get in your cabinet works.

Maybe find a skimmer you like and make sure the sump\tank you get can accommodate it?

Back
Top Bottom