ocellaris clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ch-b

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 21 gallon saltwater tank and my cycle is done and i got 2 ocellaris baby clownfish but they are so so small :/ can i get 2 big clowngish like a little big they are not filling my aquarium :/ and i have a strong powerhead they will get caught in it? they are staying under it anyway helpful replies and i will be so thankful and if i can't get more clownfish what type of fish i can get with them?

No more clowns. They will all fight once pairs form. Blennies, gobies, basletts, mostly small fish would work with the clowns.

Alright,Thank you for replaying :) but they will die? because i have a strong powerhead and they sitting under it,and when they try to swim the powerhead take them back what should i do ? they are small babies not that small but "small" i don't know how to explain more.

What type of powerhead? Like how many gph? They should be fine unless it is something insane. I have over 800 gph in my 20 between all my powerheads and none of my fish have trouble even my smaller clown.

I have btw 2 black urchins and 2 crabs they the black urchin will sting the clowns?

Oh btw my powerhead is 1250 gph should i have to be worried?:ermm:

I would say that is a little much for such a small tank. I'd probably get a smaller one like 425-500 gph if the tank is only fowlr.

They don't need that much flow. Softies and lps will be torn apart by that much flow.

I used to use koralias, I had a 425 and a 240 which was great for lps and softies. They are also well priced.

Okay so do you conside to throw this one that i have now and get a powerhead that is 400 gph? Dont you think i need to try it first on a coral?

Last edited by a moderator:
You have 62 times per hour turnover in the tank. That is a ton even for sps. I would highly consider less flow as you will probably rip the flesh off corals with that powerhead.

Okay then ima get a 425 gph powerhead.

I need 2 powerhead or i can just get 1 425gph?

I have now an internal filter that provide from the top some flow

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom