Octopus possibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have a 75 gallon tank tank has one jewel damsel and that's all. My lfs got an octopus in the other day and I have always wanted one. So I'm planning on Getting him.

Any suggestions on these guys? I know I need to make sure the lid is bolted shut lol but what else

I think the kind of octopus is a good question. You don't have to bolt down the top, just make sure it can't open. They are messy eaters, so you will need to deal with that. I almost got a brown dwarf octo on sat. It was 30 bucks and about the size of your thumb nail. It was in a 1g tank with sps skeletons for lr/hiding. We took that little tank apart for 15 min before we found the little guy.

I'm not sure what kind it just says octopus and its body is about the size of a baseball so it is actually very large. From what I am used to seeing

did you ask your lfs employee if it could go in a 75

Your damsel will be toast. You cant keep anything with them. They also only live for 6 months to 2 years on average. They will topple rocks so make sure they are glued. I wouldnt attempt one unless ur an expert. They will squeese through THE SMALLEST HOLES.

The only way you become an expert is from experience. But I've been researching them for ever its just do I want to dedicate the whole tank to just him. And right I know the damsel will be toast. I love him to much to just get eatin. So once I figure out what I'm going to do I'll let you guys know!

You could put some rocks on the lid. And octopus...es bodies are like 90% water. A big one can squeeze itself into a coke can.

Very smart too.

Back
Top Bottom