Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Octopus possibility!!!!

Could I keep a DWARF octopus with my fish?!?!?!?!?! Or would it get eaten? Cause ive heard of people keeping dwarfs even in reefs. Would it work????? Or would this one work?????Saltwater Aquarium Inverts for Marine Reef Aquariums: Octopus - Assorted
It says its peacful. Would it????? I want an octo sooooo much,

Old 10-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I, by no means know anything about Octopuses, but my guess would be that it would eat smaller fish. But then again, that is just a guess. Also you probably already know this, but they are escape artists, so if you get one, make sure the top of the tank is covered! I like Octopuses also, they are very cool creatures! Good luck.

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks. I know about the escape and that they will eat smaller fish and thats why I was asking about the ones on LA because they said they were peacful. Also, would the grouper eat a smaller one? Could I get one? Would my fish defend themselves?
Old 10-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I catch these octopus every so often. They are really cool and theyve even played with my hands. I wouldn't keep it will fish though. Also, idk where you got dwarf octopus from. It doesn't say how big they get and the ones I've caught here have been about 1ft diameter from tentacle tip. I'm assuming the ones I catch here are the same, or similar to the ones from the Caribbean.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

The true dwarfs only get about 3". Ive seen them in vids and they are tiny. Ill hold off tho and upgrade lights and get a nem. Thats what I really want that I will acually have a chance to keep alive. Thx for all the help!

Tags
fish, octopus, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com