Ohmygoshbrownallllgggeeeeaaaa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigfuzzymonster777

Aquarium Advice Freak
Help! I have brown algae, and lots of it. My cuc of five Astraea snail, a lil' bitty hermit crab, and one turbo snail haven't cleaned it all up yet, and I am not expecting them to, but I just need advice on what more I should do (as far as cuc, water changes, treatments, etc.)

What are your .....ammonia, nitrate, nitrite & phosphate levels? where is the brown algae, on live rock? sand bed? Glass ect.. At about 2-3 months old my tank experienced brown diatoms on sand and glass as nitrates dropped to 0 and phosphates began to rise diatoms stopped as phosphates dropped to 0...then came the hair algae. on going cycle until tank matures.. just be patient do your 10 percent water change weekly to every 10 days...what size is the tank and what do you have in your tank...amt of live rock and fish ect....

No nitrite or ammonia, around twenty nitrate, and I need to buy a phosphate test kit. Tank size is forty gallons, I have two ocellaris clowns, a royal gramma, two gobies, five Astraea snails, a turbo, and a teeny hermit crab. As for where the algae is, it's on live rock, sand, AND glass. Mostly sand & live rock, though.

A pic. would be great.....How old is the tank? I had the same thing when my tank was cycling and nitrates were around 20....I just kept my water changes at 10 percent a week to 10 days and slowed my feeding, and learned a little patience and one day it disappeared and the next step of cycle will appear green hair alage... ..how often and how much do you feed...I was over feeding mine I started feeding mine every 2 days enough they could eat in approx. 1 min.... Also what kind of lighting do you have and what is your lighting schedule..I have leds 2 - 120 watt on 55 gal...I also had to reduce my lighting to prevent algae...

Back
Top Bottom