One more fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4127john

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 20 gallon tank with two clownfish, on royal gramma. Can I fit a cardinal

That's pushing it... If its a reef I'd say no. If fowlr its possible but you may be battling algae issues with 4 fish in a 20

How often do you do PWCs and how much? If you're great about doing weekly PWCs and do at least 20%, IMO you should be ok with 1 more small fish. :)

I do about 10 percent I guess I'll boost it to 20. Would a 2 and half or three inch fish work

Depending on what cardinal you get they almost always need a school to be healthy. So I wouldn't go with a cardinal because you need more than just one.

Are they ocellaris clowns?
The royal gramma may be aggressive to a new tank mate, but in terms of water quality, it depends on your filtration. Have your perameters been good and stable?

BTW I've read on several occassions that cardinals can still be perfectly happy on their own.

Are they ocellaris clowns?
The royal gramma may be aggressive to a new tank mate, but in terms of water quality, it depends on your filtration. Have your perameters been good and stable?

BTW I've read on several occassions that cardinals can still be perfectly happy on their own.

I was saying depending on what cardinal he got. Fish can do fine on their own, but that does not mean their happy alone.

"A 30 gallon or larger aquarium with a cave and peaceful tank mates is ideal for this slow and methodical swimmer. Due to its aggressive behavior towards conspecifics, it should not be kept in large groups, though they do like to have a few other Cardinalfish around.' (iveaquaria.com)

I think the tank size recommendation is a bit off, but like I said they like others of their kind. Not much, but some.

I have 2 clowns, 1 strawberry basslet, 1 damsel, 1 dalmatian Molly, 1 watch man goby, 35 dwarf crabs, 2 emerald crabs In my 20 gallon. I have 10 pounds of live rock and my tank does great! I have to do a water change every Sunday but that's to bad I don't think.

You could add another fish, obviously due to the size of tank you need to consider sticking to relatively smaller fish, but add one at a time and see how the tank reacts for the first week or so. If you don't see a dramatic change keep going. Be smart about it though, all the fish I have in my tank are smaller fish. The crabs don't really add any waste to the bio load.

You can put an engenier goby they are very dosiles and when they change they look like an eel and they are very resistant

Back
Top Bottom