One Step Sanitizer ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quixand

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys,

Being a homebrewer, I've got alot of this hanging around....how do you feel about it's use in this hobby when cleanings and disinfecting is necessary?

one-step.jpg

MMMMMMMM Beer (y)

homerbeerrs3.jpg

Seriously though I prefer to just use warm water and vinegar and rinse before reusing.

Not sure if I trust the Percarbonates in the cleaner:

Taken from this site

Percarbonates are a relatively new group of cleaning chemicals. Percarbonates are a combination of sodium carbonate and hydrogen peroxide, (and other secret ingredients, which is basically what separates them from each other) and they effectively remove dirt and deposits from all types of beer and wine making equipment. Percarbonates work with active oxygen and a mild alkali to help lift the grime. The hydrogen peroxide does provide some degree of sanitization, but it is better to rely on them only as cleaners. One of the best properties of the percarbonate family is that they are environmentally and septic system friendly.

Nice, tec! I, to, have been know to brew up the occasional batch of home brew. I also use one step to sanitize my equipment. I think it would work just fine for aquariums if rinsed super-weel, but do not think its worth using it on them. Good old warm water, vinegar and elbow grease are the way to go.

I've actually found the vinegar dose a heck of a job, with not a whole heck of a lot of elbow greece. I am on well water so that might have something to do with it. I have found the coraline does take some elbow greece, like mel said, even with well water.

Ok, good enough! Just wanted to post incase it was a great idea and useful to other members.

Equal parts H2O and Vinegar?

Back
Top Bottom