Order fish online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I won't order online anymore...:peace: I did a year ago at Bluezoo. I had ordered an anemone (dead and screwed the tank), a red fromia (with half legs) and some zoos. very bad experience. best at the LFS. I like to see what I am buying. :)

Yeah I'm in agreement with most everyone else here, Live Aquaria was the site I was actually going to mention to you about whether I can order online from them or not. Seems like an excellent site, great prices and as somebody stated here a live guarentee. I may take a chance on it when I get my refugium all setup and set to go. My main concern is compatibility. What happens if you order a fish online and it just will not get along with a current fish in your tank? You're screwed it would seem to me. Now on the other hand you can take it back to your LFS and say "Uhh yes I need to try another species of fish, this one fights terribly with my Triggerfish" or something like that.

(Although the one thing I gotta say about Liveaquaria is they always seem to be out of stock of most of their stuff, what's up with that?) I've been waiting for Emp Angels to get in stock forever!

I ordered a juvenile Emperor Angel many years ago from liveaquaria.com and it grew into the most beautiful fish that I've ever owned.

I've been buying fish and inverts there for over 7 years with no problems other than the occasional dead snail or hermit crab. They do have the Diver's Den where you can pick your fish and coral, but they are usually more expensive. It is also the best place that I've found for live rock. My LFS's never seem to have more than a few pieces for sale and it is usually more expensive than the rocks plus shipping from liveaquaria. The only time I buy live rock at the LFS anymore is if they have a very intersting piece that I want.

One thing about shipping the LFS has to get their fish usually that way as well, some mom and pop stores will bend over backwards to get what you want. I know when their shipments are due in and ask before hand if they can get a certain fish in.

Just get the LFS to order the fish for you. Mine will order it and hold it so I can make sure it is eating. Your LFS should be able to get about anything.

my LFS will not only order the fish/invert/coral but they also will not sell it to me unless they make sure its healthy norm 8-12 days.If it dies they get a credit and I am not out $.The bad part is they only order every 2 weeks and I pay site price plus 1/4 to 1/2 shipping fee.

my LFS will not only order the fish/invert/coral but they also will not sell it to me unless they make sure its healthy norm 8-12 days.If it dies they get a credit and I am not out $.The bad part is they only order every 2 weeks and I pay site price plus 1/4 to 1/2 shipping fee.

I think that is a small price to pay for that kind of customer service. My LFS is similar. The guy at my LFS knows my tank better than me. I wished everyone that worked at or ran a LFS had the same amount of care for the fish that we, as hobbists, have. it is not just about having the coolest fish, it is about making sure the coolest fish is happy with his suroundings.

I ordered a juvenile Emperor Angel many years ago from liveaquaria.com and it grew into the most beautiful fish that I've ever owned.

I've been buying fish and inverts there for over 7 years with no problems other than the occasional dead snail or hermit crab. They do have the Diver's Den where you can pick your fish and coral, but they are usually more expensive. It is also the best place that I've found for live rock. My LFS's never seem to have more than a few pieces for sale and it is usually more expensive than the rocks plus shipping from liveaquaria. The only time I buy live rock at the LFS anymore is if they have a very intersting piece that I want.

Really? That's kewl! I really REALLY want an emporer angel, my tank isn't in the best current condition for one though. The only beef I have with liveaquaria is they seem to never have the fish I want in stock. I've been waiting for weeks for an emporer to display in stock and it hasn't yet, a large one anyway.

Steve

Saltwaterfish.com color their corals/fish, so be wary.

Looks like I might have to order fish online. None of the LFS around me have Emporer Angels and they tell me they won't order me one because they don't recommend have them in captivity. Supposedly saying they don't do well in captivity and are best left alone in the reefs. I really really want an emporer angelfish so I just might have to order online.

So what do you guys say? Do you think I can trust saltwaterfish.com? After all they are located in Fort Pierce which is a city just about 10 miles north of me. I wonder if they have some sort of local pick up option?

Steve

Back
Top Bottom