Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ordering fish online

How does anyone feel about ordering fish from online suppliers? As long as you qt before you put them in your display tank it should be fine correct? I am referring to saltwater by the way.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've order online before from aquacon.com. Their policy - if the fish dies (within set time), they will only replace the fish with your NEXT order requiring same shipping method - they will never refund you the money. I've had to do that 3 times and I just have up.

Liveaquaria.com has been decent thus far, but I have not ordered fish from them

I personally prefer to see what I'm getting and only order online when the LFS doesn't have what I want. I'd go for the WYSIWYG on online sites.

Hope that helps.

30g FOWLR Tank
8g Mantis Shrimp Tank
all4wheels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have only used online once from VividAquarium. I ordered 4 fish (2 were mated pair), an anemone, and 2 shrimps. All arrived healthy and have since done extremely well. They a have a 15 day guarantee on most livestock.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I use liveaquaria.com bluezooaquatics.com and reefs2go.com which all have been great. I'm about to put some orders in to cherrycorals.com and sexycorals.com soon which ill post a thread when I do
Old 07-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4wheels2

I personally prefer to see what I'm getting and only order online when the LFS doesn't have what I want. I'd go for the WYSIWYG on online sites.

Hope that helps.
What's the wysi thing?
Old 07-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

What You See Is What You Get. You are buying the actual livestock pictured.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great customer service and packaging with bluezooaquatic.. i have made quite a few purchaces sine the minimum for free ship is 140.00. I lost two fish on transit they refunded my money instead of giving me credit towards my next purchase. Unlike aquaconnection which only gives credit. Bluezoo also has 14 day warrenty on both corals and fish..
Old 07-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

No problems ordering supplies on live aquaria.com but live stock is a different story. First we ordered a clown fish and a bi color angel. Got the clown fish but they sent us a bi color Blenny. I called them and they were out of stock for te bi color angel. So they sent us another clown fish. We gave the Blenny to our LFS. That clown fish arrived dead and we got our money back. Then they first clownfish dies after 4 days. We decided to try one more time because our LFS couldn't get a fuzzy dwarf lion fish. That fish also arrived dead. So we won't be getting fish from them anymore. But you could have better luck than us
Old 07-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've had very good luck ordering fish online. I have gone through: liveaquaria, aquacon, reefs2go and petsolutions. I found them all to be very good except for aquacon. Their guarantee is only for a credit, not a refund and their corals were horrible. :-( I have had really good luck with ordering fish though thru aquacon so go figure. lol

keep in mind if you are using a credit card to order that the card has protections just in case something goes awry you can always work with the card company if you get screwed over by the seller. Just an in case situation.

I do prefer to buy locally and be able to see the actual fish or coral but with the prices offered online it's hard not to take a chance and in my situation I have been happy 95% of the time pretty much.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I've had very good luck ordering fish online. I have gone through: liveaquaria, aquacon, reefs2go and petsolutions. I found them all to be very good except for aquacon. Their guarantee is only for a credit, not a refund and their corals were horrible. :-( I have had really good luck with ordering fish though thru aquacon so go figure. lol

keep in mind if you are using a credit card to order that the card has protections just in case something goes awry you can always work with the card company if you get screwed over by the seller. Just an in case situation.

I do prefer to buy locally and be able to see the actual fish or coral but with the prices offered online it's hard not to take a chance and in my situation I have been happy 95% of the time pretty much.
The prices online are awesome but unless you buy a ton if stuff at one time the shipping doubles the prices.lol

Tags
fish, online

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com