Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think another fish or two would be fine, within reason of course.

I would skip the butterfly entirely, no matter which you get I bet you will have issues.

wrasses are a great choice though, I would look into the fairy wrasses, they are reef safe and very very colorful.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I think another fish or two would be fine, within reason of course.

I would skip the butterfly entirely, no matter which you get I bet you will have issues.

wrasses are a great choice though, I would look into the fairy wrasses, they are reef safe and very very colorful.

Thanks, but I already have a carpenter flasher wrasse. Do you happen to know any colorful fish, possibly blue, that could be considered a show fish? Or just any of your favorite fish?

Old 04-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hmm blue show fish would be hard to come by. If you like the blue you can go smaller and get a few blue reef chromis. Very blue and very active. Thats about all I can think of, sorry.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Hmm blue show fish would be hard to come by. If you like the blue you can go smaller and get a few blue reef chromis. Very blue and very active. Thats about all I can think of, sorry.

I already have chromis, but thanks how about any show fish that you like?
Old 04-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I like the odd fish, things that you dont see that often. I have a blue lined rabbitfish for instance, very cool fish but you have a foxface already so thats out.
I'm trying to think what fish are active enough to draw your eye to them, hmmm, how about a midas blenny? Not a huge fish but very active and is a really nice yellow.
And I always recommend a hawkfish, I currently have five amongst my tanks. Not a super active fish but they have some severe personality, one of my favorite fish to keep.
I'm also thinking maybe a goatfish or some type of hogfish. I will take a look and see if any are reefsafe, I know the coral hogfish I have will eat inverts.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
I like the odd fish, things that you dont see that often. I have a blue lined rabbitfish for instance, very cool fish but you have a foxface already so thats out.
I'm trying to think what fish are active enough to draw your eye to them, hmmm, how about a midas blenny? Not a huge fish but very active and is a really nice yellow.
And I always recommend a hawkfish, I currently have five amongst my tanks. Not a super active fish but they have some severe personality, one of my favorite fish to keep.
I'm also thinking maybe a goatfish or some type of hogfish. I will take a look and see if any are reefsafe, I know the coral hogfish I have will eat inverts.

Okay thank you so much for your help!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha, and algae scrubber isn't something you use to scrape off algae. You grow nuisance algae in a container so that it doesn't grow in your tank.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macscale View Post
Haha, and algae scrubber isn't something you use to scrape off algae. You grow nuisance algae in a container so that it doesn't grow in your tank.

Oops my bad lol.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's an extremely common and tenaciously un-intuitively hilariously acted misconception. Have a splendid and delightful evening! Please feel totally free to continue to ask any questions as I am very extremely delighted to attempt to assist you with such quizzical topics sub topics and subjects. Great thanks and admirations cordially sent from the one and only trusty macscale. Thank you.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:51 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macscale View Post
It's an extremely common and tenaciously un-intuitively hilariously acted misconception. Have a splendid and delightful evening! Please feel totally free to continue to ask any questions as I am very extremely delighted to attempt to assist you with such quizzical topics sub topics and subjects. Great thanks and admirations cordially sent from the one and only trusty macscale. Thank you.

Why thank you! I learn new things everyday and look forward to the time that I can actually assist someone in their time of need. As of today, I now know what an algae scrubber is

Tags
overstock, overstocked, stock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com