Overstocked? Should I move my Coral Beauty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marc118

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In my 33g I have...

2 green chromis
2 ocellaris
1 coral beauty

should I move the angel to my 60g?

All fish are active and healthy, I test water at least once a week, usually every other day or so.

Works great for me. Im not sure about how many watts per gallon for heaters.

marc118
I think as long as you keep watch of your parameters and keep up on water changes when needed, you should be ok. If the nitrates get so that you are struggling to keep them under control, then I would think about moving the angel. JMO

I think that eventually I would move it as it grows, I was thinking more immediate. But I keep my water quality high so I think im ok. Are they reef safe?

IME they are NOT. The one I use to have destroyed a coral. I caught him in the act. But there are some like Brenden that says his has been good. I just know I had to trade mine in for destuction.

I had a coral beauty in my reef for three years with no problems. It's a crap shoot though. Some do ok, some don't.

Clown fish will change sexes. I believe the female will be the larger of the two. In nature, there will be one dominant female and one donimant male...the rest are males. If the female dies, the dominant male becomes female and the next male in line will become the dominant male and so on as the cycle continues....

Back
Top Bottom