Pajama cardinal fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ch-b

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have bought yesterday 1 pajama cardinal fish and today morning i tried to feed them frozen food but he didn't eat is that true that they eat just at night? im worried :/ i would appreciate any helpful replies :thanks: .

At first, that's how they seem like. They are nocturnal and mostly feed at night. But they do adjust to your feeding routine and will eventually eat on your feeding schedule. It just takes some time for them to adapt. Just give it some time and please don't over feed from the time being. :)

So i can try to feed them at night today? or no? i did feed my tank this morning but i can try this night?

It takes a few days for them to adjust. They will start to eat once they get adjusted and become hungry. "Personally" I'd skip it just because any uneaten food adds up to your bioload since it becomes nitrate. Or maybe "you can try" a very small amount just to see if he will eat them. I had fish (like bangaii cardinals) that didn't start eating till almost a week after I got them.

Okay iam just gonna feed my tank like normal and i will see what would happen with him :) i hope he wont die :nono:

My cardinal also took around 4/5 days before he started to eat, now as soon as food hits the water boom he's there. He is still not keen on pellets though, loves live brine shrimp though.

Glad to hear! Mine never really liked pellets or flakes. They just spit it out so I just feed them the frozen stuff. Way more cheaper than the live foods

Mine love mysis and brine shrimp. I always soak in garlic before feeding.

Back
Top Bottom