PBT not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah. mine doesnt eat the caleurpa. yours does? I have a scopas tang juvenile, like 2".

Don't mean to hijack thread.. did this tang ever start eating?

I have a yellow tang and a scopas that eat a ball of it every week. I also have a yellow eyed Kole tang that eats some but not as much as the others. My yellow tang is over 11 years old eating a ball a week. I would dare guess how many lbs he has eaten in all those years. To them grape calerpa is the tops.

Hello,

In my opinion, the golden rule of thumb is DO NOT BUY IF THE FISH IS NOT EATING IN DEALER'S TANK! If the fish does not eat, he will not get the strength to cope when he is transfered to the new enviroment where he has to compete for food and deal with agressive tank mates (plus put up with unideal water condition commonly seen in new aquarist's tank). Forget what the dealer tells you. NO EAT NO BUY will save you lots of your hard earned money. DP

Hey everyone, sorry i havent been replying lately, Ive been on vacation for a week. I just want to inform you that my powder blue tang is eating like a beast everything I feed him now that he is my main tank. His favorite food is seaweed that I buy from the supermarket made for rolling sushi. He also eats everything i put in the tank. He started eating the romaine i put in his quarantine tank, and since i put him the main tank he has been eating everything. Thankyou everyone.

mq, did he go for the romaine that you put in the freezer? or just straight romaine....

You can also freeze other greens like broccoli or peas. When you first try a new green don't expect so much. You know, it don't grow in the ocean...
I'm glad to hear it's eating now.

Back
Top Bottom