Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-23-2004, 03:05 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to sumphead
I think the question was; does your teachers tank have any LR? What type of substrate? I can't believe the intake on a 330 would cause that. I think his fish are dying and ending up there. The flow rate on a 330 isn't that strong as to suck a fish in it. I still have 1 FW tank and it's 20 G standard with a 330 on it. In there are 1/4" neon tetras with o problems at all. It sounds to me like the tank hasn't cycled properly. Have water tests been done?

And for the record Luntiz you are close but not entirely right. Both mechanical and biological filtration is needed but how it is provided is the relevance here. With enough LR yes biological filtration is provided and no manufactured filtration is required. Mechanical filtration is that of actually removing waste from the water, in this case the CPR bakpak is the mechanical filtration. Without LR or other form of biological filtration this tan appears to be doomed. Another filter won't help at this point as their will be no bacteria colony on the media.

It sounds to me like this tank needs help fast.

Old 04-23-2004, 02:14 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My tank doesnt, no my teachs tank doesnt have any lr its just a fo, with a cpr skimmer, that is it I dont think his fish will be fine

Old 04-23-2004, 10:05 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Since he gave me his filter. his tank has been a very bad mess, the other percula died, and the flame angel died, and the emporer is strugling to stay alive, he is breathing in and out hard and he has lost alot of his color, I knew that his tank will suffer by takin his bio wheel, but he wouldve thrown it away if I didnt take it, his fish are dieing faster without the filter 8O Poor lil fish! and bad teacher!

Tags
bio, bio-wheel, eel, penguin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com