peppermint shrimp growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshuawilliamson21

Aquarium Advice Regular
My peppermint shrimp had about 300 babies a couple of months back most went down into the sump and are chillen down there, can anyone give me a estimate of how long it will take the shrimp to grow into mature peppermints

that's amazing. are you sure they are baby peppermint shrimp and not mysis?
images

Or perhaps Amphipods? Those look a lot like shrimp.

Not trying to be a party-pooper, but baby shrimp normally don't make it in home aquaria without a LOT of human help.

They require a lot of food, and it's hard not to fowl the water when feeding them the amounts that the need, a lot of water changes are required in the first few weeks to keep it from fouling. If you have ever tried to grow brine shrimp, peps r twice as hard.

No they were peppermints I watched the shrimp give birth it was 3 a.m. she swam to the top of the water very fast and then there were tiny shrimp floating all around Ill have some pictures up soon it was very neat then my orange spotted goby started eating them

And I'm pretty sure y'all are right and they will probaly will die and at two months they are still about the size of a finger nail (not very big at all)

Well if there still alive at 2 months there is a good chance now, if they don't get eaten of coarse

They will get bigger quickly now if they are two months old. Within a month or two they will start to show there colors and get up to about an inch in length. Very cool indeed. Mine is pregnant right now, but with the amounts of fish I have I doubt they will get anywhere lol

Haha well that's nice to know right now I just have a orange spotted goby a hippo tang a moroon clownfish and a evil damsel well he might be a chromis I cant really tell and they loved eatin the babies

The babies can't see them very well but they are all the little white dots and ill take some pictures of what they look like now and load them up soon

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110227_114456.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110227_114456.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom