ph levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jduny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok so when i do my pwc(weekly 'cause i don't use a skimmer)the new water has a ph of 8.4 but by the end of the week my ph is down to 7.8.i'm using bottled distilled water for my topoff and conditioned tap water for pwc.please don't comment on the tap water i hope to change that very soon.anyway my ammonia and nitrates and nitrites are always 0 0 and 10 but my ph drops eveyr week.any ideas why?

i'll have to get back to you on that.why do you ask.at of curiosity

You should always check your PH late in the day. It will probably be where it needs to be. Early in the morning it will probably be low. That`s why I always suggest checking in the evening after the lights have been on a while.

I agree, try to test later in the day around the same time. Your pH will drop after lights out and raise after lights on.
If you have a lid on the tank that will limit the O2 exchange and lower your pH as well. In SW, O2 exchange happens are the surface or the water (water ripple)....Also, I believe your tank is still new and your pH readings will be all over the place until it settles down.....

ok i'll have to check the ph in the morning i have the lights on a cycle that keeps it on from 9p till 5a.i use the tank as my daughters nite lite.that's okay rite.i mean it doesnt relly matter when there on rite?

Back
Top Bottom