PH wont go up!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

landshark

Aquarium Advice Activist
Cant seem to raise my PH level ....should I put more salt in?? My flow pump is aimed toward the surface...still low.

And how olds the tank? What is your other levels? Alkalinity? I wouldn't chase it too much.

Add some kalkwasser. If you have an auto top off then add it to your ATO.

Doing a water change won't raise pH above 7.8. Probably lower it. What else are you using?

Whatever you do raise it slowly. Watch using Kalk, it will raise quickly if you don't go slow.

Get some marine life stabilizer it is only like 10 bucks at you local pet store

There are a variety of Ph buffers out there too that are pretty cheap. But like said above make sure you go slow otherwise your Ph will shoot off the charts.

Much obliged..got some Instant Ocean Buffer and now its normal!!! Thanks for the tip

So they raised it .6 in one day? Not good!

First, 7.8 to 8.2 is .4 increase. I don't know what their tank is at. I thought you were asking what the correct PH is supposed to be.
Second, .6 increase would be a lot. An increase of .4 imo would not harm anything unless there is corals and inverts in the tank. That info is not available in this thread though.

Just trying to make sure they were taking it slow. My bad on .6 trying to save lives and fish at the same time.

Just trying to make sure they were taking it slow. My bad on .6 trying to save lives and fish at the same time.

Lol, no worries. We definitely need more information so we can figure out where they are and how to get them to where they need to be.

Back
Top Bottom