picaso trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have two clowns and a yellow goby and a pencil sea urchin.will they be alright in a 75gal community tank with a picaso trigger

dwint said:
i have two clowns and a yellow goby and a pencil sea urchin.will they be alright in a 75gal community tank with a picaso trigger

Your goby might end up being lunch.

Everything might become lunch lol but it depends on the fish itself. My Picasso is about 3 in and hasn't bothered a single thing, not even shrimp or crabs.

Triggers in general really just shouldn't be trusted lol. But Picasso are "less aggressive" than most triggers. Clown and undulated are definitely the meanest I would say.

most of the cool looking fish are either hard to care for or you need a huge tank.what about a picaso and a flamin angel

IMHO no trigger should be in anything less than 125 6 footer..
My Picasso AKA Humu is a real PITA(had for a little over 3 years and has killed numerous fish) ,,i'm actually getting rid of him as soon as i upgrade(which will be tomorrow:dance:)

I think the phrase" community tank with a picasso trigger " is kind of an oxymoron :lol: ,,not making fun of you ,,just letting you know my experience with one(and he's in an aggressive set-up)

For the record ,,my humu is much meaner than my clown trigger and every fish is different ,,,took my humu 2+ years to snap and act like he is now

Im with ftm on this one, although I dearly love my Picasso trigger, its a complete guessing game with him in terms of new fish. Other than that mine is ok and doesn't get too wild, but he will go after anything he can bully. In terms of your tank, it depends alot on when you are adding these fish and the size. I have an engineer goby that lives peacefully with my Picasso...the goby is about 10" long though...and my trigger is 5-6" ... but as ftm said, be ready to have a handful

It really does depend on the fish as huma and ftm said. Mine was a complete pshyco path and killed anything that wAs put in with him!

So do it at ur own risk and have a back up plan ready if something goes wrong!

i have two clowns and a yellow goby and a pencil sea urchin.its a 75 gal community tank about a week of cycling.is it okay to get a picaso trigger

Before u decide to go with that kinda trigger i would read the thread by tbaromb acouple spot down cause there good looking fish but they can be disastrous.

Go with a blue jaw trigger if your worried, i have never heard of them being even slightly aggressive. They are guaranteed reef friendly by every LFS i have ever been too.

Back
Top Bottom