Picasso trigger or niger trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimmyVoo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Which one does anyone think is best I have a fairly aggressive tank

I don't have any experience with a picasso trigger but I have a Niger and he is not very aggressive at all. I've never seen him go after any fish of mine. The only time he seems slightly aggressive is feeding time but that's it.

Depends on your tank size. It also depends on what other fish you house. I have both of them. Niger is not aggressive at all. And I been experimenting with crabs in my tank. The Niger doesn't mess with them. Picasso triggers are a strange one. Some are really really aggressive and some are docile. It depends on the fish I guess. My Picasso is a super docile fish. He doesn't bother anything. But he is quite the attention hound. I can give better advice one I know how big the tank is and what's in there already.

I've got a Picasso triggerfish( " psycho" )... And a rectangular triggerfish ,...comparing those two....the Picasso is a very docile and doesn't bother anything ,...rectangular trigger is much more aggressive and more likely to be the one causing any trouble.,as stated above they're like any other fish and are individuals in their behavior and nature,...I guess you pay your money and take your chances

I had a niger that was a monster! He would bite out my other fish' eyes, I couldn't figure out why all the fish kept dyeing and had their eyes missing, thought maybe I had a crab that was eating the eyes after they died. That is until I saw him attack! He got returned right away.

I like the Picasso Trigger because of the colors. You might also want to take a look at the Assassi Trigger--Very Cool IMHO.

I have had a Picasso and a Niger in the past. The Niger was a big baby, but the Picasso was curiously viscious. Again, love the colors of the Picasso.

I have a porcupine puffer, snowflake eel, mata tang, sailfin tang, a twin spot wrasse, and a maroon clown in a 125 g

Back
Top Bottom