Pics of my 75 gallon FOWLR(taken with camera phone...sorry)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dicjones

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my first attempt at a saltwater tank. I haven't placed the live rock against the back of the tank but rather in the middle. This was mostly to make it easier to clean all around the tank. It also had the added benefit of allowing me to make some interesting landscaping choices.
On the left side the rocks make a kind of backwards question mark, creating a sort of hidden lagoon. This also created some open swimming spaces.
I wanted to have a ton of height changes, cliffs, overhangs, tunnels and caves and was able to accomplish that on the right side of the tank. The bicolor spends most of his time weaving in and out of these searching for copepods.
I'm pretty pleased with my maiden voyage and look forward to upgrading sometime in the future. Hope you enjoyed the pics.

I really like it, and I'm sure the camera phone does not do it the proper justice...but it still looks good (actually surpised by how well the camera did too). Keeping the rock off the back will help increase flow too, so you should not have much issue with settling detritus where you can't see it.

A local fish store in Davenport, IA. They keep it in a large display tank so you can pick the pieces you want and they will usually let you know how long its been in there. My original purchase of 85 pounds was completely cured when I got it. It didn't have a lot of "critter's" on it but that was fine with me 'cause I really didn't want to have to deal with a mantis shrimp or pistol shrimp. It did have some starfish and these weird looking snail things. It also managed to retain some mushrooms, star polyps and feather dusters. I was pleased with it. Somebody mentioned that it looked like some nice size rock. I never really had anything else to compare it to, but I suppose there are pieces that are larger than normal.

I just remembered that my dad has a digital camera so I'm going to try to borrow it and take some snapshots with that. Hopefully those pics will really show it off.

looks good..... I tried to do the same thing with my 55 fowlr, having swimming room and caves /tunnels.... what kind of lights are u running on that.

It's Nice I do like your rock work and I like the back ground color. Makes me want to make the change!

Kaye

Back
Top Bottom