Pistol and Cleaner shrimp play nice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canadian_eh

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm thinking of getting a yellow goby and pistol shrimp since their interaction seems really interresting. I was wondering though if there would be any problems with a cleaner shrimp as well.

If this would cause problems then which shrimp do you think provides the most benefit for a tank?

This would be in a 25G FOWLR setup evolving to a reef.

Thanks.

I have a pistol shrimp and a watchman goby. They've been buddies for 6 months. They have no problem with the 5 cleaner shrimp. Other shrimp included 3 blood reds, and 7 peppermint in a 75 gallon.

Make sure your roock is firnly planted on the bottom of the tank and not just on top of the sand. The pistol shrimp tunnels under the rocks and would cause them to tumble. The shrimp and goby will provide lots of viewing pleasure. I've been lucky to have my main tunnel openings at the very front of my tank. I see my pair all the time.

Seperately. The goby will find the shrimp. But either way will work. I once added a couple of high fin gobies. One of them actually shared the watch at the tunnel opening - side by side with the watchman. Had to take them back though since they kept going into the overflow, being so small.

My pistol and cleaners do just fine together. Go for the goby/pistol pair. Very entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom