Planned Stock List. (Help)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShooterRick

Aquarium Advice Freak
While my 29 gal FOWLR tank is beginning to cycle I thought it was a good time to plan in advance and avoid impluse buys. My tenative stock list is below in the order of introduction to the tank. My concerns are compatibility, quantity of the load, asthetics in that order.

1st stock: cleaning crew and Blue Reef Chromis

2nd stock: Purple Back Pseudochromis

3rd stock: Flame Angel

4th stock: Yellow striped Maroon Clown and Bubble Tip Anemone.

I looked at the compat. charts on the forum and think I am ok but you all are the experts so comments welcome.

The only ting I woudl suggest against is the nem. they require an established tank, super high lighting and pristine water. best to wait months to even consider one in my opinion. There is also no guarantee that the clown will host the nem. Mine didnt go near the one I had but decided a elegance coral was more to their liking. lol

I had planned on the Nem intro and clown much later down the road but will a clown if introduce before the nem still host it if it is introduced much later if it is inclined to. I also planned on each stock being down several weeks apart from each other.

I understand your Nem concerns and appreciate your input. Thanks

It wouldnt matter the order they go in. If you out a clown in today and a nem in 6 months you have just as much of a chance of hosting as if you put them in together.

A safer alternative is to get a flowy coral and see if they will host that. They have been known to host almost any coral, powerheads, rocks and the sand. LOL weird little buggers

carey said:
It wouldnt matter the order they go in. If you out a clown in today and a nem in 6 months you have just as much of a chance of hosting as if you put them in together.

A safer alternative is to get a flowy coral and see if they will host that. They have been known to host almost any coral, powerheads, rocks and the sand. LOL weird little buggers

Lol they are quite weird, I suppose that is why they are called clowns. I think it is funny that they host powerheads, it's true though. One of mine always sleeps above my powerhead. Some corals that clowns might host are Xenia, frogspawn, hammer etc. Good luck with your tank!

Time to think Food

Ok with this stock list in mind I have selected 2 foods, one dry small pellet (Nutra Fin Max) and 1 frozen type:H2O Life Spirulina Brine Shrimp & Mysis Frozen Fish Food) I was thinking of rotating these:

Any thoughts appreciated

Back
Top Bottom