Planning for a future shark tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
audifusion said:
The leopard shark is cool too but grows to about 5 ft or so.

Yeah but the problem is that most tank's need to be like 20ft long so the the only rational way to have a tank that can accommodate a Leopard shark is a round tank 8-10ft in diameter so the shark can swim endlessly in circles.

I know.

At the lfs here they have a black tip reef in a 650 rectangle . The shark only swims one direction so his one fin is bent and raw from rubbing the glass.

requiem sharks need huge tanks/ pools.

mr_X said:
Oh. Then I would keep the rock work to a minimum and leave a lot of room for the shark to cruise the bottom. Keep most of the rock in the sump.
Here was a 5000 gallon tank at a store that's pretty close to me. They had black tip reef sharks in this tank, and they would have to re-home them on a regular basis. So, scratch my original statement of 3000 gallons. Perhaps add yet another zero.

Is that the shark tank at Fintastic?

Our Lfs exited the franchise too and is called all fish emporium. They are featured on that fish tank kings show on mat geo. they are now owned by the loving color people that make the fake coral inserts. All fish emporium has 3 locations and all have monster cylinder shark tanks. You can google the stores website, but the tanks I think are 5000g each. Very cool. They had a 2 foot long grouper in their this weekend. Huge fish!

Back
Top Bottom