Planning for a future shark tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Marbled Cat Shark is considered a "true catshark" with a long slender body and a narrow head. It is a bottom feeder that is found in Northern Australia.

The adult size of 24 inches (60 cm) makes this shark the smallest we have encountered!
The Marbled Cat Shark is considered a good aquarium choice. It is hardy and easy to take care of, though it will need a roomy marine aquarium to accommodate it when it reaches it's adult size.

So i guess the swimming pool like I have been talking about for THE HOLE DAY must not be big enough

He/she is talking about a marbled catshark or atelomycterus macleayi. I don't know what you mean by the smallest we have encountered? They do achieve a maximum size of 24".

I'm not trying to be rood but I know what I have it looks nothing like that at all I never said I was going to keep it in a 125 for very long I have always said I'm getting a pool or a pond to put him in I just have not decided which

They are definitely one of the smallest sharks available. And great find btw. He will be awesome in your pool/pond. Usually not available in the hobby so congrats. The smallest shark in the hobby that I'm aware of are the cool water species such as the izu catshark (max 16"). GL with your shark. And *rude. Jkjk lol

I have this store near my house and they have like 15 black eels (idk the name) and this awesome shark in a shark tub thing. Its cool, but too small i think. You should get one like that, so it can go inside your house

Ya definitely go bigger! It'll be awesome! I'm "considering" getting one for a grow out 150 and hopefully getting a runt lol. I've read males usually get 15-19 inches so it would still be able to run around easily. Pics when the tank is up and running!

Ya that would look wierd and its probably not sturdy enough. They have these 200 dollar pools that can go outside and it would be perfect. It is pretty big and 5 feet deep so it would be great. Problem is that it has to go outside

Lol. Where are you gonna keep it????? How long has it been in the 125? Is it doing well? Does it seem like he can turn around easily? Happy? Size? Trying to see how long I could keep one. Thx

I regret that he is in a 30 for another two days then he will be going in the 125 and I have to say he like the 30 he even let's me pet him it's great

Back
Top Bottom