Plans For Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterNuB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I purchased a beautiful dotty back yesterday but I have a very mean damsel. He won't let the dotty back make any type of appearance. I've been trying to catch the bully or about 50 min now... Any suggestion? Starting to remove rock now. Ugh. I'm going to need more coffee.

Woohoo got the little [moderator edit]. Now what to do with him? Oh and our dotty back is starting to show himself. Now if only my Steelers could win today, it might be a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can pull the bully and leave him out for a week, rearrange your tank, reintroduce him in the dark after feeding your fish. Or you can try being the bully and chase the bully with a net. If that isn't working then net the bully for a few minutes. Good luck!

Yeah probably just going to leave him out. I had 4 other damsels and he managed to kill them too. Too bad I waited this long to actually remove him. He's in qt under the tank until I can get going and go the my lfs to return his [moderator edit]... Lol

SaltwaterNuB said:
Yeah probably just going to leave him out. I had 4 other damsels and he managed to kill them too. Too bad I waited this long to actually remove him. He's in qt under the tank until I can get going and go the my lfs to return his [moderator edit]... Lol

Yeah, if he's already killed 4 fish, he's gotta go. Not worth it.

SaltwaterNuB said:
Replaced him with a cool green clown goby. Active little guy.

That's funny cuz I just got home with a green citron clown goby for the 30g too!! He's still acclimating. He's very cute with the red on his face. :)

SaltwaterNuB said:
Too funny. Pics... What will you be feeding yours?

I have mysis, cyclopeeze, brine, krill, bloodworms, new spectrum pellet, marine flakes, silversides that I chop up and some "marine cuisine" that I kinda rotate at feeding time. Hopefully he'll eat one I those.

I'm sure he will. Hasn't your tank been up for awhile? I bought a bottle of live copepods. Hopefully they multiply

I've got bad news for you, that's not a goby. It's a mandarin. He is cute, though. I'm really hoping you saw him eat frozen food, cuz otherwise they're REALLY difficult to keep alive. If not trained to eat frozen, all they will eat is pods, like thousands of pods per day. Even a 100g tank that's been set up for a while would have a hard time keeping up a pod population to keep one alive. A new tank has very little chance. Please tell me you saw him eat frozen mysis.

I made sure to add a few shrimp down where he swims. I'll have to see how he does today. Thanks for you advice and concerns. Will keep you updated.

Back
Top Bottom