Plastic Plants with SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chade7320

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys excuse my ignorance, im a total noob to this. I have been reading here and other sources and am getting mixed answers on this question so i figured i would ask you guys. Is it ok to put a few plastic plants in a SW aquarium....thanks

WELCOME TO AA!!!

Personally, I wouldn't. They tend to get algae all over them and become ugly and a pain. As long as you get ones that don't have any metal in them or paint that could flake off, you should be ok. I've never had them and have not really looked at them in any store. Perhaps someone that has/had them can give you better advice.
What are you planning for your tank?

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
I agree. Fake decos in SW tanks tend to get covered in algae over time and look pretty bad. Not to mention, the SW does decay them fairly rapidly. For a natural look, I suggest some nice LR covered in coraline algae of different colors.

Agreed... absolute algae garden. It isn't worth the pain of trying to clean all the algae off all of the time (unless you're the type of person who enjoys scrubbing algae off of things). I tried this at first, but gave up and threw them all away after about 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom