Please help me find my Trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meemaw

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I purchased a Niger Trigger on Tuesday of this week and once I put him in my tank he disappeared. He immediately went in the rocks and I have only seen him once very briefly. Is this the usual behavior and will he ever make a presence again? I have a spiney box puffer about 1" long and an eel that is probably about 12 1/2" long. Help! I would really like to enjoy my purchase and the guy at the fish store said he wouldn't stay under the rocks. :cry:

is he eating at all? cause triggers will actually beg for food,eat everything thrown in the tank,but if hes not coming out during feeding time its definatly a problem for a trigger.

That is the one time I did see him after putting in some mysis. He could be getting food that goes inside the rocks. I was worried that my eel has eaten him, but don't really think so, I think he is too big for the eel?

That is usual behavior for a trigger in a new environment. Mine now stays out front most of the time but it took it about 5 months before it started doing so.

What type of eel?

You might want to fill out the tank info are in your profile when you get the time..it makes it so we dont have to ask so many questions before we can help you...

I will fill out the profile. As far as the eel I have not been able to identify him. He was given to me. He is a light brown with darker red brown stripe/spot. Hard to describe. Is there a way I could post his picture and maybe someone could tell me what he is. I do have a digital camera.

If you go down toward the bottom of the screen, you will see a button that says "post reply". If you use that to reply, instead of the "quick reply" box, you will see an option to "add an attachment". That is how you post pictures. There are other ways to do it if they are already posted somewhere on the net...if that is the case, I can explain how to do it that way.

Thanks! Tried to attach pictures, says my file is too big.

Back
Top Bottom