Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Originally Posted by joe2004
lighting i use regular lights the same as the one thats on the 20G

water TEST is all perfect

addatives i dont put any

filter media was never changed since day one. After like 4 months i took the tank out i opened the filter they were little dirty pretty much clean. since i had 3 of them they were not dirty at all as apose to 1

and from the side View yes its just like looking from the Front.
The link I posted is not an additive.

Marc118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
I agree with your, Kurt. It doesn't make any sense otherwise. You are doing everything the same. It would have to be either something with the glass (which I highly doubt) or just the fact that your tank is much larger?

I'm joining Kurt on the proverbial limb that we are out on.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie
its Very strange because if it went NICE AND CRYSTAL CLEAR one time i
dont know what can cause it to be the way it is now.

i have Fake Corals in the front of the thank and when i look at them from the Front of the tank they are placed same distance as the one in the 20G and it still look no where near the 20G tank.
joe2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:19 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
I might try running a quality GAC for a week or two, changing it every 5-7 days, to see if that has any effect. FWIW I'm not a big fan of HOB filters. They tend to produce micro-bubbles and mechanical filtration seems to cause more issues than it solves in SW-especially on larger tanks. Pads, floss etc. all trap dirt and detritus too fast. That can lead to water clarity issues as well as nitrate issues. Powerheads, LR, a skimmer, and some GAC are the way to go. Just my .02 ...
MT79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:59 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
first of all, acrylic is clearer than glass. what you need to do is "polish" the water with a micron filter. GAC will help but you need to replace it every 2 weeks. the same thing with any mechanical filter material. good luck. post some pics.
unda_da_sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:43 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
I said that is strange before and I have to just say it again. Like I said before I don't use HOB or mechanical filtration on my tank and the water is just as clear as could be. I think the amount of additional water volume I have with 3 sumps helps to keep things diluted "Dilution is the solution to polution". I also think that Kurt is on to something there with the amount of water you are looking through.

Give Unda_da_sea's suggestion a try. Maybe that will help!

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com