also besides the PWC
's if you are getting your mandarin to eat brine at all you can do a few things to make this better and easier.
1) if this is live brine add selcon or phyto to the water the live brine are swimming in. they will eat what you added. this makes them have more nutrional value. brine are not a very good food source
2) if it is frozen, soak the food in selcon or another supplement
3) mix some brine and mysis shrimp together. mysis is the prefered small food. if the mandarin eats brine you may be able to get him to understand mysis is also food
4) turn all your pumps off when you feed. the food will settle and the mandarin can pick the food of rocks or the sand like it would naturally with out it blowing all over the tank
5) feed in the same place. your fish will come to understand that what is dropped in on area of the tank is food
i followed the above steps and my mandarin eats frozen mysis shrimp with the rest the tanks mates every other day.
75g RR. 2x250 14k MH
/ 2x54 T5 act. 29g sump. ASM G1X skimmer. phosban reactor. 80lbs LS
, 90lbs LR
, 2x seio M620.
kole tang, bicolor angel, mandarin dragonette, ocellaris clown / BTA , cleaner shrimp, 2x peppermint shrimp, a variety of soft, SPS
, and LPS
corals, orange linckia star.