Please recommend...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iceman72

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey folks I'm at my wits end with trying to trial an error every HOB protein skimmer. What's the absolute best one out there for a 55g. I have a bubble mangus e3 and I am about to slam this thing on the floor. I need something that doesn't require a degree in engendering to operate. Money is no issue. I went from a $45 skimmer to this one and paid $170. I'm willing to pay more to get something that's simple and works.

I think they ALL require engineering degrees. Sorry :(
I went with a ten gallon nano tank just so i don't have to use a skimmer. I am no engineer either!

Check out Reef Octopus BH1000. The only thing you need to adjust is the height of the collection cup. And maybe possibly prime it to get it started, but that's simple. I had one on my 55, and now that I have a 40 breeder, I actually kicked it up to the BH2000 which is a beast for HOB...

Check out the Reef Octopus BH1000. The only adjustment is the height of the collection cup, or priming it to start, but that's simple. I used to run one, and now run a BH2000 on my 40 breeder, and it's a beast...

Lol the first post timed out and I didn't think it wanting through. I tried to remember what I wrote word for word so it would look like a double post but obviously failed lol... Sorry bout that!

I picked up the Eschopps PSK-75H and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival, but from what I've read on this site (search for my post on it), it's dead simple to use.

Back
Top Bottom