Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How's Bugsy?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey! Thanks for checkin in... I had to bring Bugsy back to the LFS... She was getting real thin and wasn't eating even with spot feeding. The LFS said they will get her fat again (try to anyways) and if I want her back I can take her. They said she's eating like a champ, but is in a 12 gallon with only 1 other fish. I think there was too much competition in my tank... Thoughts??

Old 02-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

That stinks but there hard fish to keep. I've read people getting them after like 2 years of there tank running and a over flow of pods in the sump and display tank as they graze all day. Yours was eating prepared food though right?

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes frozen "Cyclopeeze".. They're basically frozen pods. The LFS said she was eating when they got her, and also now when they have her back. But not in my tank 8-(
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benamayer View Post
Yes frozen "Cyclopeeze".. They're basically frozen pods. The LFS said she was eating when they got her, and also now when they have her back. But not in my tank 8-(
Ah man, that's tough. Have you looked into ORA?

http://www.orafarm.com/products/fish...blue-mandarin/

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 02-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haven't looked into that Con, but she was captive bred... Which is why I'm so bummed about this... The whole situation is very humbling and is reminding me of my level of experience. Don't judge me please lol 8-(
Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Haven't looked into that Con, but she was captive bred... Which is why I'm so bummed about this... The whole situation is very humbling and is reminding me of my level of experience. Don't judge me please lol 8-(
Nah, has nothing to do with your level of experience. It happens. I've had scooters that I've seen with my own eyes eat prepared food at my LFS. I brought it home and it was gliding around the tank, looking happy and then one day he passed. I tried this 3x's.

So... It happens. It's one of those things. Don't think any less about yourself. And judge? I don't judge people, that's not my style....

Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks my dude! It's just disheartening watching her get so thin! And of course since she was captive bred and "easier to care for", she was like 3 times more expensive than a wild caught... Just bummed all around about it I guess. And all this only a week after my Springers Dottyback went carpet surfing 8-(
Old 02-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Thanks my dude! It's just disheartening watching her get so thin! And of course since she was captive bred and "easier to care for", she was like 3 times more expensive than a wild caught... Just bummed all around about it I guess. And all this only a week after my Springers Dottyback went carpet surfing 8-(
Ah... The ups and downs of the hobby. You'll bounce back bro.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah it's all part of the hobby. I'm sure you'll come across another one. This is my new addition.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1052129616.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	153683

Tags
bug

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com