pods for mandrin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmkx3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 125g w/125lbs of lr. My tank has been set-up for 18months. I waited to get my mandrin until my tank matured, but know I am reading that my mandrin will deplete my tank of pods in about three months. I don't have a refugium or a sump. What I do have is a hob filter and a hob protien skimmer. They both have compartments fpr fber fill. Can I grow pods there? I have also heard about pod piles. Can I use these 2 things to grow my pods?

You can also add pods to your tank. Little bit on the pricey side but they will work. I used these on my SH tank. I`d also think about more LR in your main for more breeding area for the pods. 1.5-2 lbs per gallon is usually recommended. Unless your LR is very light in which you would have enough.

I agree with more LR and adding pods. If you never added a detrivore kit you might consider getting one of those now.

Have you checked your tank about an hour after lights out? Use a red light and look for the little critters scurrying around the rocks.

A pod is just a small pile of rock rubble or shells that the pods can grow in without all being eaten. It's a place the mandaring will soon learn to visit for a quick meal.

you could also just set up a small little side container with a water flow and light and grow em in that (doesn't have to be a fully refuge/sump my LFS has a plain 5gal with light and some cheta with a little hob to move water (could probably use a small PH for this but might cause too much flow)

Inland Aquatics and IPSF.com and the best I got was on eBay from a guy in Philly. He does not always have them available, but if you can find him when he does they're great.

Back
Top Bottom