poly-boi-filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i bought one of these to remove the copper from my tank.for copper its suppose to turn blue and so for after three hours its turning blue.has anyone used this product and how long should it stay in there to remove the copper.some reviews people keep them in all the time,removes ammonia and other bad things

I've used them, but not to remove copper. Did you buy more than 1 pad? If it already turned blue I would not leave it in there more than a week. Put in a new 1 and see if that also turns blue. As long as they turn blue you should change them weekly. For normal usage, it's usually good to change them monthly.

i bought one pad and cut it half.it is darker than last night so i will see how dark it gets.i dont have any fish in now but i did order a fuzzy lion coming in tomorrow.i did a water change before i put them in.i also put new blue filters in,the ones with the charcoal

well after three days those poly filters turned really blue.i bought another one today and see how blue it gets.i brought my water in to the pet store but he didnt have a copper tester.these filters are $10.00 a piece.i hope i dont have to get more

Being that you added a very heavy dose to the tank and you still had sand in there, the sand absorbed alot of the copper and it will take time for it to leach back out. You may need a few more poly filters to remove it all.

do you no how long i can keep the poly filter in for maximum absorbtion.i put the second pad in and it is light blue but it hasnt even been a full day.store doesnt have a copper test kit so i dont no what to do .i have to pick up my lion fish tomorrow.maybe my best bet would be to get my 10 gallon going untill all that copper is out for sure

i replaced it after three days and now it is a very light blue.it hasnt changed since this morning so hopefully things are going good.another problem i have is i bought a 300 watt glass heater from ebay and it only brought the temp up 2 degrees.i just ordered a digital titanium so i think that was a good move

Back
Top Bottom