Possible aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigjim10_4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Could somebody please ID what this is for me. It sort of looks like aiptasia but also like goniopora. I'm a little concerned. If I tap it then the crowns shrivel up. Thanks for looking.

image-1156610134.jpg

I'm no pro by any means but that picture kinda looks liked pulsing xena. Does it open and close on its own? Or maybe a polyp of some sort. Doesn't really look like the enemy.

Thanks. Feel a bit better now. I inherited some live rock. Found a nice green mushroom coral on a piece, then this showed up. I moved the piece of rock it was on yesterday and now it has moved to the highest point in the tank on its own.

I think so unless there is more than one. The one I can see at the minute is approximately 1-1.5" high. Moved a lot of rock about in the last couple of days so may be playing tricks on me.

Thanks for the input on this topic. Fortunately or unfortunately I've now found some thing else popped up.

image-3911353499.jpg

Now this doesn't look like the last stuff to me. I got this live rock from a friend that was closing his tank down. When it was in his tank there was none of these things in there. His tank had TMC LED lighting, my tank has 4 x 54 W T5's. What I can't understand is this live rock I had from him was 4 years old; how could it now start growing in my tank?
Thanks for looking

Bigjim10_4 said:
Thanks for the input on this topic. Fortunately or unfortunately I've now found some thing else popped up.

Now this doesn't look like the last stuff to me. I got this live rock from a friend that was closing his tank down. When it was in his tank there was none of these things in there. His tank had TMC LED lighting, my tank has 4 x 54 W T5's. What I can't understand is this live rock I had from him was 4 years old; how could it now start growing in my tank?
Thanks for looking

This is a gsp of some flavor make sure your dosing with trace elements and iodine and they should color up nicely

If your using a quality salt mix, don't dose anything. The only time you would ever have to dose, is for a very heavily stocked reef tank. They are babies and will gain color as they mature. Leave them alone and watch them grow. What salt are you using?

Sorry it's took so long to reply. I'm using Reef Crystals, was told by LFS that this was the best stuff to use.

Back
Top Bottom