powder blue tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobothefish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any one have any experience with this fish? It not eating anything I give him, he just picks at the rocks. He looks like he's a little stressed out. he's got some body bumps and I dont know what it could be. The issue actually gets beter durring the day but in the morning its more visible. I say he looks a little stressed out because he is very hi strung kind of like a tweaker. He is in a 55 gallon coral and fish w live rock. His tankmates are a copperband butterfly, small clown, damsel, chromie, shrimp goby and bengai cardinal. coral includes polyps, anenomy, ricordia.A clump of cheato sits in a egg crate cube I did myself. I need to keep this guy alive. anyone?

Attachments

• 100_2691.jpg
    100_2691.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_2693.jpg
    100_2693.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_2694.jpg
    100_2694.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 100
He's probably a little PO'd that he's in a 55 to begin with. Have you tried nori/seaweed sheets, maybe soaked in selcon and/or garlic? He needs lots of algae to graze on. The bumps? hard to tell without a good pic. Hopefully not ich..

+2, yeah he needs to be in aleast 125 gallons, even then IMO is still to small, thes fish a verry high strung. what color are the bumps?

bumps are the same color of his skin. He's just about 2 inches long so he will be alright until we upgrade. Yeah i tried the sea weed dipped with garlic. Ive even tried broccoli, zuccini and still wont touch it. Im not sure he knows how to take food off a clip.

My brothers yellow tang was picky about the clip too for some reason. He got it to eat by just pinching the seaweed in between a couple live rocks and within minutes the Tang was shreddin it up!

Hopefully you can tell if they are raised salt speck type bumps vs white spots of discolored type areas. He's very tense right know cause of the new digs and 6 ther dudes swimming around. Then, he's in a smaller swimming area than he needs to stretch out. PBT's get pale in splotches and stripes when they are angry or stressed. Give him some time and try to entice the eating. Holw long has he been in the tank?

It could take a few.

he's relatively new, about 2 weeks. I had a sailfin tang for about 6 months until he just died. the only thing that I could think of was that I had just finnished rearranging the rocks and that might of stressed him out. Ill make sure not to change the environment and keep the cleaning down to a minimum. I found this salt mix from brightwell and it is making everything look great. My corals are thriving and seems like the fish are very colorfull. IMO the best products out there. i also have the copperband butterfly and I chop mussles and clams for him to eat. he was finnicky at first but he is eating now. I know tangs are veggy eaters so I try to feed broccoli and zuccini on a clip but Ill try tieing it to a rock and see if that helps. PBT are beautiful and expensive I really dont want to do anything wrong. thanks

Stick with the seaweed tied to a rock with a rubberband. I don't think there is any broccoli or zuccini growing in the ocean lately...;) He is more then likely eating the algae off your lr.

Back
Top Bottom