Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Powder blue tang

I bought a nice pb tang medium size i got him Friday he seems to be doin Really good he's eating an most important grazing on the rocks but I don't want to over feed my tank I have a blue jaw trigger a Niger trigger and blue damsel those are my tank inhabitants would the green algea sustain the pb for a while I feed my tank once a day an wen I do all the food get satin fast by the blue jaw a Niger trigger an the pb just grazes away he only eats the food wen it comes his sway but he just keeps grazing like nothing there's a lot of alge in my tank hope that enough an hope it keeps growing to feed him

Bigbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via ICQ to ezy33
IMO feed the Tang Nori with Garlic on it. I've had good luck with Kent's Garlic Extreme. As for your Triggers and the Tang will need a larger tank in the future as they get large and need a lot of room. I use this site as a guideline. Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
ezy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a powdered blue & sailfin tang.. They are grazers & need to have seaweed all the time. Just get some seaweed w/garlic put it on a veggie clip & let her constantly have it. Petco sells the seaweed & it comes with a veggie clip.
"But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls."-Khalil Gibran
mrs.octavia.rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a yellow tang, blue hippo tang, & a coral beauty angel that all love to graze, so I have 2 suction clips I put either seaweed, algae, or also a dark piece of romaine lettuce daily.
MyR6Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok Thanx for the tips this little guy just loves to eat All the algea off the glass I only feed him once daily becus there's a lot of good algea in my tank to sustain him for a while till he runs out I will buy some nori but he's fine caught ick on the 3 day but seems over it now no other fish Seems infected
Bigbrother is offline   Reply With Quote

blue tang, powder, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com