powder blue tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StixS

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
how agressive is your powder blue tang with other tangs (ie: yellow tang and sailfin) and how hard are they to keep in general?

They should not be kept in a tank with tangs of simular body shape or fish with simular coloration. More details can be read in the PBT profile in the profiles forum. How big is your tank? PBT's should not be kept in anything smaller than a 75.

i have a 130 gal tank if u include the fuge and the main tank is 100 gal so i guess i can keep one, but i also plan to qt it, and isnt it true that tangs shouldnt be in a tank that is being treated by copper for to long because of the parasite that lives in their stomache? (read it from a book) so how long should qt be?

When calculating tank size for fish you should use the main tank only. The extra water capcity wont help them when it comes to swimming room. A 100gal tank should be ok.

oh no i have a 30 gal for qt and a 100 gal as the main. so how long should i qt them jus to be safe. thanks

Back
Top Bottom