Powder Green algea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMercer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone have any ideas on how to combat this issue? My phosphates are at 0ppm and Nitrates at 10ppm. Ammonia 0ppm & Nitrites at 0ppm..... i feed every 3 days and they consume it within seconds.... :n00b:

Only happens on glass, if I don't scrub it everyday and let it sit and gather on glass for a couple days it takes a razor blade to get it off... Kinda the only problem i am having.. My lighting seems to be good, and the tank is in a dark room with no direct sunlight.

This particular tank is new.. about 7 days old.. however, rock, sand, fish is from 2 year tank. I had this problem with my 29 gallon tank so i did a 50% water change plus upgraded to a larger tank (60 gallon).. I know my tank recycled.. i had a diatoms on the sand, but that is clearin up. The tank for 7 days is showing good signs of stabalyzing, coraline algea (small amounts) are on rear glass. I dont want to scrape off the coraline algea but its mixed in with green powder algea on the glass. I posted a thread the other day titled New member which has all my specs on it.. thanks

Back
Top Bottom