Power Head Placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 48 x 15 x 15 inch FOWLR tank. And my LR are located towards the back of the tank. If I were to have 3 Maxijets PH in there, what is the best location for efficient circulation?

I put one in each back corner facing toward the front center. I cycle them on and off alternately every 2 or 3 minutes. Not sure what to do with that 3rd one. What size maxi-jets, 1200?

They are 900s. Should they be placed near the water surface or nearer to the middle of the tank?

Their easier to manage if placed near the suface. Then you can use the over-the-side hangers instead of the tri-suction cup mount. Suction cups tend to slip, making a mess of your sand bed. Mine are near the surface. The top of the PH's are an inch or so below the surface. They are 1200's tho, really blast out the water.

I do exactly what Mark suggests. I also have a third powerhead that I placed on the left side panel of the tank. It blows across the rocks from left to right. I use a wave maker to cycle the pumps on and off.

I am thinking of getting the Natural Wave by Aquarium System. Is this good enough?

I am thinking of getting the Natural Wave by Aquarium System. Is this good enough?

This is what I use. It is a great "bare bones" wavemaker. No special features, just an adjustable timer.

I love it...

Biggen
[just an adjustable timer. ]

Can you tell me how you have the timer set up. time variations and the brand name for reference?
Thanks!
Micky07

I use them to spread out the flow. Maxi 1200's really blow and can knock things over if directed right at them. Use them if you want to - your choice.

Back
Top Bottom