Powerhead Pressure on tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KittyKatFishGrl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently set up another saltwater tank so for now I put one of my powerheads from my 55g in it, leaving me with 1 powerhead in my 55g.

I positioned the 1 powerhead right in the middle so it is aimed toward the front of the tank, turned up to create ripples on the surface thereby causing waves to flow in both directions, left and right.

My question is will that put extra pressure on the glass frame causing it to bow out or am I being silly and paranoid?

Also what is a good price for Live rock per pound?

55g
60lbs of live rock
60lbs of live sand

in a 55 you need more than 1 power head I run 6 in my 90g circulation is needed to cover dead spots , remember a 55 is long and narrow so you would need at least 3 maybe 4 power heads , just caught it is temporary

I truly doubt a power head can bow the glass if it was going to happen it would have to me with all the circulation I have ,

it's been a while since I bought live rock , about 7 years ago to be exact , if I remember I think I paid $1.50 lb today I would say about $3.00/$3.50 lb it also depends on the type of live rock.

Paranoid, however, I would run it across length of tank from one side to the other

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom