Powerhead setup? FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuOD

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to decide where to best place my powerheads but I'm not sure what's ideal for FOWLR.

4x2x2 - I will describe this looking from above the aquarium using cardinal directions.

NW corner = filter output =~ 1000gph. It splits and aims S and E up towards top of water @ 45* angle.

NE corner = Seio 820 aiming W @ 30* angle down

SE corner = Seio 820 aiming W and up @ 45* angle to surface

I don't know where to position or aim these seios. I will have 100+ lbs of liverock when it arrives. Should I aim them all up at the surface or aim some at the live rock?? thanks!

I like the SEIOs. The 4 I have in my 125G are on opposite ends of the tank facing each other, but I have them at about a 50 degree angle. I also have the dividers set to the 2nd to last position kind of facing "up" toward the glass if you understand what I am talking about. I did this for surface agitation. I hope that makes sense....?

for a FOWLR, it does not really matter. Just make sure you have a bit of a chaotic flow and some surface aggitation. Look for 10-20x tank volume/hr for flow rate.

Back
Top Bottom